My biggest struggle lately has been my thought life. When I don't intentionally focus on God and His plan for my life I notice my thoughts wandering off into places they do not belong. When I'm having a bad day or when I'm frustrated I find myself complaining about my situation, gossiping about others, and/or judging others rather than focusing on God's directions for my life:
- "And we know that in ALL THINGS God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28
- "Do everything without grumbling or arguing." Philippians 2:14
- "A perverse person stirs up conflict, and a gossip separates close friends." Proverbs 16:28
- "You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things." Romans 2:1
- "Do to others as you would have them do to you." Luke 6:31
- "Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law." Romans 13:10
Holy Spirit, clear my thoughts of all unrighteousness. Let not only my life, my actions, and my words glorify You, but strengthen me to be able to take each thought captive that isn't of You. Father, strengthen me so that I may live "outta my mind and into Your heart." Amen!