While at Spirit Song this past weekend, I learned a useful tool that I'd like to share with all of you. Every night they had a guest speaker while they were setting up the stage for the headlining band. Normally this is the time for bathroom breaks, snack breaks, and time to go make the last minute purchases from the merchandising tents. While I admit to doing all those things, the speakers were Amazing each night. I often missed the first 10 minutes, but what I caught was great!
The speaker for Friday night was Justin Lookadoo of McKinney, Texas. He talked about the phrase, "Is It Holy?" Don't ask is this ok? Or should I do this or that? Ask whether or not what you want to do is Holy! Asking if it's ok is only asking to be average and mediocre. God does NOT call us to be average and mediocre. God chose us to be holy and blameless (Ephesians 1:4). When making any decision we should ask ourselves, "Is It Holy?"
- Should I skip church today and sleep in?
- Should I snap back with a hateful defense to prove a point or extend grace?
- Should I partake in the conversation about someone else's failure or point out the positive and leave the conversation entirely?
- Should I go ahead and have a drink or stick with water?
- Should I go ahead and click play on the porn or shut it down?
- Should I really think about him lustfully or pray for my future husband instead?
When you are faced with a decision and don't know which way to turn...Remember to ask yourself...
IS IT HOLY?
IS IT HOLY?